Monday, June 21, 2010

Real time update on Soren's counting prowess

Yesterday Aunt Christie and Jackson came over for dinner, and I wanted to brag about how Soren started counting to four at Grandma's house two weeks ago. I pulled a handful of Cookie Monster cookies (*my* favorite, yum!) and asked him to count them (hoping I wouldn't look like a bragging/crazy/annoying mom who thinks her kid's cooler than he really is).

Soren went:

"ooonnneee...ttttwwwwoooo....tttthhhhrrrreeeeeeee....ffffoooouuuurrrr......

ffffiiiivvvveeee....ssssiiiixxxxx....sssseeeeven.....eight!"


Tommy and I looked at each other and cracked up, because it was so unexpected (and cute and exciting).

He also apparently has learned other things on his own that we should have been teaching him, like the alphabet.--he has large chunks of it memorized, which I discovered this weekend when we listened to They Might Be Giants' "Here Comes the Alphabet."

No comments:

Post a Comment