Thursday, July 17, 2008

it's official...

Soren HATES the car. I thought babies were supposed to love the car and fall asleep immediately, but Soren decidedly does neither. We went to visit our friend Elaine and Baby Nathan yesterday, and I had to stop at two different gas stations on the way simply to try to calm down the little man and keep him from having an apoplectic fit. I am really nervous about our long drive this weekend--at least the dad will be driving so the mom can sit in the back and try to console Car Hater. If I ever considered going farther than 10 miles on my own with Soren stuck in the backseat, I have become disabused of that whim.

On a happier note, Elaine and Nathan looked great...he is such a little peanut. He was born exactly four weeks to the day after Soren; he was a week late and his mom had to be induced. He is so tiny! I don't remember Soren ever being that small. He is a pacifier junkie, too--I am jealous.



Speaking of Soren not being small, he was up to 13 pounds, six ounces in his seventh week. He has outgrown ALL his newborn and small diapers...we have had to order a whole new round of the next size up. We're going to put all the old ones on a diaper consignment site. Until we find a diaper that we absolutely love, we don't want to pawn the outgrown ones off on our friends.

We've tried Kissaluvs contour and fitted diapers with a variety of covers (Stacinator wool covers and Sugar Peas fleece and wool flannel covers), Happy Heineys and Happy Heineys one-size-fits-all pocket diapers, Happy Hempys with covers, Mommy's Touch pocket and all-in-ones (AIOs), and most recently Tommy bought several Bum Genius 3.0 pocket diapers. My favorite combo is the Kissaluv cotton contour diaper with a Sugar Peas fleece cover, although the cotton feels wet the the baby unlike some of the other diapers that have a dry-touch feel when wet, so they do require hourly changes. We are about to try out Fuzzi Bunz pocket diapers, which are described on several diaper sites as the "workhorse" of cloth diapers. Yes, in case you are wondering, having an embarrassing name is requisite of cloth diaper lines. Lame!

1 comment:

  1. I went to your blog and was rather surprised to see our picture :) I am so happy you and Soren came to visit. He is adorable! And I enjoyed talking with you. Sorry he hates the car so much. Maybe the long trip will get him used to it. (At least I hope so for your sake!)I saw the pictures in previous blog of his nursery. WOW, what a cool room. Hope to see you again soon, even though it will probably be back at the workplace.

    ReplyDelete